Technical Project Officer (TPO)
The Technical Project Officer is responsible for technical administration of a subcontract. When government-furnished or subcontractor-acquired property is involved, the TPO contacts the Subcontract Administrator for tracking and reporting requirements.
•The Subcontract Administrator sends copies of subcontracts involving government-furnished or subcontractor-acquired property to Property Management.
•Prior to release and regardless of value, property that is being furnished on a subcontract must be tagged with a barcode for identification purposes. The TPO should complete the "Request for Tag" form and submit it to Property Management.
• The Subcontract Administrator
or TPO executes Shipping Orders to authorize shipment of government
property from ORNL to subcontractors.
•The TPO ensures the proper approvals are in place prior to providing property or instructing the subcontractor to acquire property with government funds.
• ORNL Shipping and Receiving provides copies of Shipping Orders to Property Management.
• The TPO ensures that government-furnished or subcontractor-acquired property is tracked and dispositioned following SBMS procedures found in the Property Management subject area.
• If a subcontractor reports that property was delivered late or delivered in a condition not suitable for use, the TPO contacts the Subcontract Administrator for the appropriate course of action.
•If a subcontractor reports that government property has been lost, damaged, or destroyed, the TPO contacts Property Management and the Subcontract Administrator.
• The TPO contacts the Subcontractor-Held Coordinator regarding property disposition instructions at closeout.
TPOs please use the following:
|• Request For Tag Form|
|• Changes to Subcontractors-Held Property|
|Returning Property Form|
|Transferring Property to a New Subcontract Form|