Eligible Awardees - Construction/Demolition
Below is a link to the list of Subcontractors eligible to participate in the bidding process and eligible for consideration in awards of prime construction/demolition Subcontracts by the Company.
Organizations interested in being added to the listing will need to submit the following information:
1. Transmittal letter which includes the following:
a. Company Name
b. Company Address
c. Point of contact (POC)
d. POC's Phone Number
e. POC's Fax Number
f. POC's E-mail Address
g.Current business size (Big or Small) and any socioeconomic considerations (disadvantaged, woman-owned, etc.)
h. Specialty area(s) (General Contractor, Mechanical, Electrical, Demolition, etc.)
2. Current State of Tennessee Contractor's license. The license must be in the name of the firm wanting to be on the list, not in the name of an individual, parent company, or subsidiary.
3. Health and Safety Program that meets the requirements of OSHA. According to OSHA, an effective Safety and Health Program includes four main elements. Those elements are management commitment and employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, and safety and health training. Subcontractors shall submit for approval their Safety and Health Program that addresses the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Elements of Construction S&H Program (01/08)
Subcontractors must have a satisfactory performance record with no recent seriously deficient contract performance. Past failure to apply sufficient tenacity and perseverance to perform acceptably is strong evidence of nonresponsibility. Failure to meet quality requirements is a significant factor in determining satisfactory performance. The Company may determine a subcontractor not qualified if the subcontractor has failed under previous contracts to meet quality standards, complete work on schedule, or otherwise failed to act responsibly or to meet or comply with other contractual obligations.
4. Price Anderson Amendments Act (PAAA). The PAAA clause is located on our Special Articles and Forms page (http://www.ornl.gov/adm/contracts/art_forms.shtml), and the documents are listed in alphabetical order. To assist you, immediately below the link for this clause are links pertaining to the ORNL Quality Assurance Program and the Radiological Protection Program.
Please identify if you meet the PAAA clause requirements. If you do not meet the PAAA requirements currently but are working to meet the requirements, please provide an anticipated date that compliance will be achieved. Indicate if you meet/will meet the PAAA requirements in the area of Construction, Demolition, or both.
If you do not respond to this item, it will be interpreted to mean that you do not currently meet the PAAA requirements and do not plan to pursue compliance with the requirements. Your firm will not be penalized if you do not meet the PAAA requirements. We simply will not include your firm in Solicitations for procurements which include PAAA requirements.
5. For informational purposes only, submit a certificate from your workman's compensation insurance carrier stating your current Experience Modification Rating (EMR).
Electronic submittals shall be e-mailed to email@example.com. E-mails shall include "ORNL Qualified Construction/Demolition Subcontractors - Submittal" in the Subject line, and all attachments shall be in PDF format.
Under normal circumstances, it is recommended that you allow at least 90 days for review of your submittal. Periods of high volume may require a longer review time. Submittals are reviewed in the order in which they are received.